|Thanks to Sculpture by the Sea|
- Thongs are a must to protect your feet from the blisteringly hot white sand (Note: Rule 1 must be read in conjunction with Rule 2)
- Thongs are the local name for flip, flops, or jandals. They are not to be confused with the material kind of thong, which should only we seen adorning six foot two, spindly female models … and maybe Tatum Channing … or so I’m told.
- Dolphins are not the only fish with fins.
- Lifesavers are not just to look at. No honestly it’s true. If they ask you to get out of the water it’s best to heed their advice, especially if it’s delivered in a high pitched, high volume voice, accompanied with frantic arm waving, and the word now!
- Always swim between the flags.
When I saw this piece from US artist, Carl Billingsley I panicked pondering how Cottesloe Council could have allowed this into the exhibition. Surely it would generate mass confusion amongst tourists. A sequence played out in my head …
Sculpture by the Sea 2014 © The Ponder Room