It’s been a while since I wrote a Job Satisfaction post and with the weekend fast approaching I thought this one might also act as a bit of a public service announcement. So this is for anyone struggling to fit into their size 10 jeans as the winter spread takes hold.
While wandering around Sexpo I came across this chap.
His job … to smile while being ensconced in layer upon layer of cling wrap, like a freshly minted roast chicken that has to provide school sandwiches for the next four days. Well at least that’s what I thought when I first saw him.
According to the product information this is not just any old cling wrap, this is a ‘Herbal Body Contouring Applicator’, who knew?
Evidently said Herbal Body Contouring Applicator tightens, tones and firms your midriff. Not only that, the results can be seen in as little as 45 minutes
So ladies (and fellas) if you put it one when you start getting ready for a big night you should be just about good to go when the doorbell rings. Just remember to remove your Herbal Body Contouring Applicator prior to leaving the house or there might be some rapid explaining to do should the evening prove more successful than first thought. If copious buttons and granny pants can kill the mood, I’m sure a series of impenetrable layers of plastic wrap wouldn’t help either.
As he posed for the camera I pondered …
- Perhaps the layers would act as a modern day corset keeping some recalcitrant layers in place.
- I’m just not sure how the herbal component would perform after several hours especially in a warm restaurant or if you went dancing. You wouldn’t want to be followed by a pack of hounds as you strolled along the moonlit waters edge.
- Anyone else remember that movie Full Frontal with the guy wrapping himself up in his garden shed? Is it a case of ‘truth is stranger than fiction’, ‘art imitating life’ or vice versa.
- I suggest you take a good look at the chap in the photo now as given the number of times he’ll get wrapped up at all of the Expos he attends, by October there won’t be much of him left. Perhaps next year we’ll find him working on a Protein Powder ‘how not to get sand thrown in your face’ stand. Or maybe the current stand owners have spare stomachs out back.
- See your job is not that bad. Now go have a great weekend.